Back in the Day Baking
Back in the Day Bakery is adored for its homespun, decadent desserts; delicious, rustic breads; and savory dishes with a new spin. At this Savannah landmark, folks line up early for Cheryl and Griff Day’s Confetti Cupcakes, Star Brownies, and signature sandwiches. Bakery fans beg for the recipes, from simple biscuits to stunning layer cakes.
This cookbook is packed with 200 customer-favorite recipes and all the charm of this friendly Southern bakery. You’ll discover:
- The cookie most likely to cause a riot if the bakery runs out (it’s that addictive!)
- Everything you want a chocolate cake to be and a sweet finale for any occasion.
- Melt-in-your-mouth cupcakes infused with cardamom and mace.
- Flaky chicken cobbler with root vegetables and fennel pollen.
- Simple piecrusts that turn you into a fearless pie maker.
- Plus more!
Cheryl and Griff are self-taught bakers, and their tried-and-true recipes are sure to work for you. By following their tips and tricks, you’ll gain the confidence to make these homespun dishes in no time. Here’s what you get in this exclusive recipe collection:
- Top 200 most-requested recipes from Back in the Day Bakery.
- Full-page color photos to inspire you.
- Tasty twists on time-tested classics, including pies, tarts, cakes, cookies, brownies, and bars plus savory dishes for breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- Over 100 baking secrets, tips, and shortcuts at your fingertips.
- How to roll out a piecrust, decorating cookies, and more techniques of the pros.
- 12 essential tools every baker should have -Best baking spices and dried herbs to have on hand.