Computers and Stuff Made Easy
A personal trainer for all your electronic devices—computer, tablet, cell phone, and even your smart TV!
Abby Strokes is the hand-holding expert who knows how to teach the joys of technology to anyone who didn't grow up using a keyboard or mouse. Learn how to:
- Enjoy the convenience and bargains of online shopping
- Get the best deals on travel
- Keep in touch with family and friends
- Search for recipes and health information
- Look up old friends and make new ones
- Manage your finances online
- Watch movies, listen to music, read books
- Take and share digital photos and videos
And do it all from a tablet, computer, or smartphone!
In this exclusive edition of Computers and Stuff Made Easy, Stokes dishes out the latest information on cutting-edge devices, applications, popular computer software, like Microsoft 10, and so much more! You'll learn how to shop for a computer or tablet that's just right for you; how to sign up for Internet and e-mail access; how to understand and use search engines and get started with word processing and text messaging; how to choose the best cell phone; and, most important, how to protect your online security and what to do if things go wrong
Includes both Mac and PC keyboard shortcuts and more than 150 recommended Web sites and 100 free mobile apps