There are no items in your cart.
Runners have different nutrition and recovery needs than other endurance athletes. Yet until now, they've had no nutritional resource specifically addressing their concerns. This comprehensive guide distills the newest thinking in the science of exercise nutrition into practical, hands-on tips that will help runners stay healthy, recover faster, enjoy better workouts, and race successfully.
Readers will learn:
- Nutritional information specific to runners, from balancing internal energy stores to proper hydration
- Customizable their diets based on individual training needs
- Shopping tips and dining-out strategies to help maximize nutritional intake
- The top 5 pre-race meals and top 5 healthiest snacks for runners
- Nutritional tips for women, children, diabetics, and older runners