Add texture, color, graceful shapes, and surprising beauty to the winter landscape-and turn any garden into a year-round enchantment
In this beautifully packaged gardening treasury, Better Homes and Gardens contributing editor Suzy Bales offers a guide to creating visual garden interest that will add brightness, warmth, and cheer to those cold winter months when the outdoor landscape is often bare and drab. In this idea-packed guide, gardeners will find:
- lists of best trees, shrubs, groundcovers, perennials, and grasses for winter impact
- striking suggestions for stand-out decorating and unusual plantings in pots, urns, window boxes, hanging baskets, and other containers
- a whole chapter devoted to decorating for the holidays with interesting branches, berries, cones, and seedpods from the winter garden
- best bulbs and perennials to plant for midwinter and early spring surprises in the garden
- places to visit-including arboretums, gardens, nurseries, and towns-that celebrate the outdoors in winter
Filled with 150 color photographs, this gorgeous book is overflowing with practical suggestions and inspiring ideas for transforming the outdoor view in winter with plantings that celebrate the season's quiet beauty.