The Exercise Cure
Everyone wants to lose weight, feel better, and live longer. What if a miracle drug existed? And those results were just the beginning?
Dr. Jordan Metzl, one of the nation’s top sports medicine doctors and a triathlete, shows you how to maximize your daily dose of the world’s most effective medicine with THE EXERCISE CURE. Research has shown time and again that EXERCISE IS MEDICINE. It has real, measurable, and lasting positive effects against common nagging health problems.
THE EXERCISE CURE delivers a comprehensive plan of “workout medicine”:
- Combat malady-specific health conditions like stress, fatigue, cardiovascular disease, menopause, and many more, with the doctor's exercise prescriptions
- Fat-torching, life-changing workouts that can be tailored to any fitness level and age
- Keep fully fueled with the simplest and most effective eating advice you'll ever need
- Have high blood pressure? Turn to page 53 to learn what the best routines are to drop your systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5–10 points.
- Prevent lower back pain with the most important exercise you should do every day (it only takes one second!). Turn to page 116.
Recent studies suggest that regular exercise reduces many of the general markers of inflammation that are suspected in the development of certain types of cancer. Find a special section on cancer and exercise starting on page 146.
JORDAN METZL, MD, is the author of The Athlete’s Book of Home Remedies and a nationally known sports medicine physician at New York City’s Hospital for Special Surgery. He is a marathoner and triathlete, and he appears regularly on the esteemed New York Magazine’s Top Doctors list.